Sunday, April 27, 2008

Speaking @ Church Today!

Today I am speaking at my church here at Bentley College. All the seniors get the opportunity to speak today at a service called "Cloud of Witnesses". It is a pretty big honor and a lot of my friends (even my non-Christian) are coming to listen to me speak. I wrote up a basic outline about what I am going to talk about. Thought I would post it here so everyone could see. I'll let you guys know how it really went later on today. Let me know if you have any questions/thoughts. Thanks!

I picked my top three worships songs (I was really tempted to do Papaya song since that was the first song I ever heard at church. However, it isn't that mature.) I did choose Indescribable, Ends of the Earth, and The Stand.


I'm also tempted to show the Godtube video about the play with the girl. Still debating that one.

Anyways, here is my speech. Enjoy and COMMENT!

Introduction – Jenna Forstrom, Beaverton, Oregon

Major/Plans After College – Marketing with a minor in Management and International Studies. No real plans for after college, but I hope to working in either corporate social responsibility and ethics or at a non-profit doing marketing.

How did you become a Christian – In 8th grade after attending a membership class at my church. Did not really take it to heart until sophomore year of high school, grew from there. Story about my ear. Exodus 21:6 “Then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to a door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.”

How the Lord helped me through Bentley – How didn’t he help me? I was in a really serious relationship and that ended, He was there. My parents announced their separation He was there. I owe Him a lot.

Words of Wisdom – Get involved on campus. You own it for 4 years and then it is gone. Do not worry about jobs/internships, Bentley is the only place I know that cares so much. Remember, if things feel weird or uncomfortable, that it’s okay we are not from this world. Hebrews 11:13 “All these people were living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted they were aliens and strangers on earth. It’s okay to take it slow. Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God.” And it’s okay to be mad at God. Don’t hold that anger in. Let it out – you heal faster when you are honest.

No comments: