Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
My boss, Darcy Winslow has been working with a team to create an event call The Search for the Ultimate Athlete (SFUA) and their website finally went live! Check them out here!
SFUA features 24 of the best all-around athletes competing in 20 sports/disciples. No age category, no division, no invitation. Lucky for us, it's taking place here in Portland, Oregon. The only place in the world where you can bike, golf, swim, play some bball, skate, ski, windsurf, white-water kayak, climb, snowboard, surf, MTB freeride. (Falling more in love with my state as I write this).
Launching June 2010, SFUA will feature a one-week event including 6 days of competitions, a grand finale in PDX and a benefit concert and on-site festival.
Mainstream sports + Emerging Sports + Action Sports + Olympic Sports = SFUA Competition and THE ANSWER
Interested in getting involved as an athlete or volunteer - let me know!
Saturday, August 01, 2009
- I'm super excited my best friend, Beckie is visiting for the next two weeks. She makes my heart happy.
- Went to WakeJam yesterday - I think they need some help with their marketing / execution for future events. But I definitely need to get back on the water soon.
- It's August 1st - which means 26 days to my 23rd birthday. Crazy - that feels super old and yet super young to me.
- I had a photoshoot with Sara Gray this week and can't wait to see how the pictures came out.
- I'm attending my first black tie event for work this month. My boss is speaking at the event. Check it out here!
- My dad is coming to visit for a couple of weeks at the end of the month. Bummed I didn't make it to China this summer but excited to see him.
- Bummed that my Bible Study and middle school programming is done for the summer. Not sure what I'm going to do with my Monday/Wednesday nights now. I'm sure I'll come up with something...
- Excited to be joining a book club starting in September - reading Trouble by Kate Christiansen. Has anyone read it?