Saturday, October 17, 2009

East Coast Day #2

As mentioned before I stayed up a little too late (like 2AM, which honestly is like 11PM my time, which is pretty good for me), working on my Bible Study, The Search for Significance, and my book club book, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.  But in hopes of conquering jet lag, I set my alarm for 8:30AM, on a SATURDAY, which is really 5:30AM for me.

I managed to get up and survive quiet happily on coffee all day.  Can I tell you how awesome my day has been?  Grammie and I started our day checking out the Brewster Women's Library, where she volunteers.  We used to check out books and movies there.  I must have rented The Last Unicorn there over a hundred times when I was little.  Then we headed to Paine's Creek, home of Kate's Ice Cream, which has real bubble gum in their bubble gum ice cream.  And where I fell on the rock jetty and got my ankle crushed between two big rocks, when I was like 6.  Followed by the Thrift Shop Grammie also volunteers out that is supported by her church.  We then went to practice using an ATM machine, something that is still new to Grammie, followed by a grocery store run.

While Grammie took her afternoon nap, I took a walk up to the Brewster store, a penny candy store (now a dime candy store), I went to EVERYDAY while on the Cape.  Then walked back on the beach.  Even though it was misting out, it still was fun.  When I got back, we looked through my parents wedding album, which was fun, my mom looks freaking amazing and my dad has a classic 80's mustache...  We also looked through my baby album, which is is amusing because I'm 2 weeks older than my cousin Paul and the only way you can tell who is who is because I'm like twice the size of him.  Seriously, I was one fat baby.  Everyone used to call me "no-neck" apparently.

Did you have a funny baby name?

No comments: