the Walrus said, "To talk of many things"Of blogs-- and beers -- and stating facts--
Of fermentation-- and dreams--
And why my blog is out of date---
And whether it shall change."
(Adapted from Lewis Carrol's The Walrus and The Carpenter)
Yes, the time has come for my blog to change. Something I've been meaning to do for awhile, but funny how time can get away from you. But like Madonna has taught us time and time again, we need to re-invent ourselves (and our blogs). Mine has got from a college update blog, to a transitioning into the real world blog and now to a beer blog.
Yup, I finally thought of a theme for my blog. Beer! It seems so obvious now that I've finally set my mind to it. Why didn't I think of this earlier? I know what you are thinking, "Ah, there are so many beer blogs out there, especially in Portland." But I've got some great reasons behind this one:
- I love beer (duh!)
- I love brewing beer (and I keep OCD notes about it).
- I love talking about beer (as most of you know).
- I'm a girl (not many girl's know as much as I do on this topic).
- I'm young (not many YOUNG, WOMAN home brew).
- I live in Portland, OR (the beer capital of the world).
- I love traveling (thus more breweries to try).
- I love hearing the stories behind different beers and breweries (good content).
- I can't commit to blogging as much as I want to (and this will keep me focused).
- I love social media (thus I can promote, share, talk about more breweries).
So what does this mean for you? Suggest a new name, links, breweries, times to meet up for beers, etc. And I'll happily oblige. I'll also be slowly updating my blog to meet my new theme.