Saturday, August 09, 2008

Stressed and Blessed

Today I felt like my body was telling me I was stressed. Sleep deprived and having the chills. Even though I don't feel stressed. I haven't felt this way since sophomore year of college, when my parents got separated, me and my boyfriend of 3 years broke up, I was getting injections into my shoulder to help it heal from collegiate swimming, and I was going to college 3,000 miles away from home.

I didn't feel stressed out then - but when my doctor pointed all that out to me I understood how I could be stressed out. Needless to say I'm taking it easy this weekend.

  • Tomorrow is my first day off from working since Houseboat Camp on June 21st.
  • Last night was the first time I ever slept alone in my house (just Dainty and I) so I went to bed at 1:30AM and woke up at 5:15Am to open the pool.
  • My health insurance will run out August 27th (my 22nd birthday). This is something that terrifies me.
  • I might be leaving for China a week from today. Something I am super excited about, but I need to get more organized before I leave for two weeks.
But I do have some exciting stuff going on with my life.
  • I had a great conversation with my dad this afternoon - looks like I'm going to China soon.
  • I got another female business women mentor. That makes two. I'm such a lucky girl. I've been working with Darcy Winslow - Executive Advisor for the Nike Foundation for 4 years. Now I'm adding Jill Eiland from Corporate Affairs at Intel to my list.
  • I've applied to some really awesome jobs at Habitat for Humanity and OMSI.
  • I reconnected with another family friend who is helping me get more involved with Oregon politics and is also helping me get more involved in the Komen Organization.
  • I finally started helping my aunt get rid of some stuff from her previous job (we've been talking about doing it for 3 years).
But for now. I'm planning on spending the rest of the weekend resting. Regardless, I'm focusing on all the blessings God has given me this past week.

No comments: