Friday, November 14, 2008

I think it is safe to say

...I have a "real, grown-up, post-college" JOB! I've been holding off on blogging about this but I just thought I would make it official. Just so I can actually talk more about work stuff these days.

Here it is: I'm working at a sustainability (think going green) consulting firm downtown in the Pearl! So if your ever down there, give me a call and I can show you my new pad! It is pretty exciting stuff. I'm doing a lot of market research for my boss as well as helping out with the actual launching of the new company. We've been around since September 1st. And I've actually known about the job since before that but had to play dumb for certain reasons. Anyways, my boss rocks, she has been my mentor for the last 4+ years and was my boss a Nike, when I interned there when I was just 18. Our company is called Designs for a Sustainable World or DSW for short (those are my boss' initials). As soon as we get our website up I'll post a link to it.

Another thing I would like to point out that this job is part-time right now, because my boss goes on so many speaking engagements (hopefully, I'll be able to start tagging along on those). So while she is gone, I work for another company who we share office space with called, Social Enterprises. They do events all over Portland. The next one is going to be the CRAVE Holiday Party, which benefits the Go Red For Women Foundation and is all based on sustainable and eco-friendly products. If anyone is interested in going. Just let me know.

So, what is my exciting news. Now my question for you is:

What do you do?

No comments: