Sunday, March 14, 2010

What's On Your Bookshelf?

I gave up TV for Lent. Which has honestly been pretty awesome. I've been getting more sleep and reading WAY more than I have since before college I think.

So far I've finished:
  1. The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn - A Christian view on money and how it isn't mine, it's His.
  2. Stones into Schools by Greg Mortenson - What has been happening at the East Asian Institute since Three Cups of Tea was published.
  3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett - What it's like to be a black maid in the South during the Civil Rights movement.
I'm one of those people who reads more than one book at a time. Being that my mood changes a lot it would make sense that my choices for reading would change as well. Right now I'm working on:
  1. One Tough Mother by Gert Boyle - about the Columbia Sportwear's CEO and the lady behind the brand.
  2. The Purity Principle by Randy Alcorn - I got the chance to met Randy's wife, Nanci last year and she gave me a bunch of his books, finally getting to them. This one is about a Christian view on sex.
  3. The World Is Flat by Thomas Friedman - I've already read Hot, Flat and Crowded, figured I should at least read this best seller.
  4. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck - My book club book from last month which I never finished (shhh! Don't tell...)
  5. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - I went and watched the new Alice in Wonderland with Janet and her awesome daughters and felt like I missed some parts so now I need to re-read this book and see what I forgot.
I also am going to be adding two more books to this list shortly:
  1. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - Just got it on CD for my iPod. (I already got A Thousand Splendid Suns loaded but wanted to read this one first)
  2. The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns - President of World Vision USA and whom I just heard speak this morning (blog post to come).
What are you currently working on?

No comments: