Saturday, October 27, 2007

So, I found out that I didn't get asked to the second round of interviews for Lincoln Financial. Which was kind of depressing, because it is an all expense paid trip to Philly for a weekend, and I have never been there so I thought that would be cool. No word about the EMC job, but I got asked to interviw at Citizen Bank and Osram Sylvania. So maybe something will come up.

On a more positive note, I got to see a really good friend who I haven't seen since May (minus pre-interview stuff with was like very formal). So that was good. Started talking about planning trips, going to try and go see Little Mermaid on Broadway sometime next semester and a possible Spring Break trip. Right now our ideas are Grand Canyon, Dominican Republic or Jamaica. Crazy huh? I don't think I get enough world travel in - do you?

Another weird note, I was cleaning my room today and talking on the phone with my mom and she was talking about how my dad was going to U of O to go to the baseball game (Ducks won!) and to say good-bye to my brother. For those of you who don't know - my dad is actually moving to China permanently on Monday. That was a crazy though. All of you know my parents don't exactly get along and there have been some issues, a lot of hurt, and a lot of broken promises. But it is crazy to think that when I go home for Thanksgiving that my dad isn't going to be there. Christmas last year was crazy enough with him living in an apartment down the street (Okay daddy, come over early so we can open presents like normal - normal - yeah right). The good news is that he is going to be home for like two weeks over Christmas. The original plan was I wasn't going to see him until May when I graduated from college. Anyways, its just weird to think he is actually leaving. I feel like its all a joke, like he is just going to leave like he always does for a couple of weeks and then come back in a couple of days, and be like "I made a bad choice, I want to be a part of this family."

Okay, more positive things. I'm watching the Red Sox destroy the Rockies. I think I'm going to go into Boston tomorrow and watch THE FINAL game (cause we are gonna destroy them again tomorrow and end the series). Hope there are no made crazy riots. My freshman year some girl from BU or BC died during World Series riots.

No comments: