Monday, January 21, 2008


Okay - so my roommates found a copy of Juno online so we had a bonding experience watching this movie. (Not that I condone illegal downloading - but it is really convenient. And I'm poor, and I hate movie theatres (that is for another blog)). Plus, I was on duty and I couldn't leave the building. Anyways, the movie is really cute. The lingo is fun and funky and easy to follow if you are a hipster.

Juno MacGuff: Oh, and she inexplicably mails me a cactus every Valentine's Day. And I'm like, "Thanks a heap coyote ugly. This cactus-gram stings even worse than your abandonment."

For example.

I dunno, maybe I'm just super emotional about teen age pregnancy/babies from spending a summer working with teen age mothers and/or ex-boyfriend's previous (aka NOT me) relationship ending due to a pregnancy. But these types of movies always make me tear up (okay - so the only other movie like this I've seen in Saved - but I cried in that movie too and I AM NOT A CRIER and I teared up in this movie). Either way - the movie was great. I loved it - will probably get it on DVD when it comes out. Which BTW, Across the Universe comes out on DVD Feb. 5th. Hello early Valentine's Day present to myself. So if you like cute, witty, finding yourself movies (ie, Donnie Darko, Garden State, and Empire Record) chances are you are going to like this one too.

No comments: