Monday, June 16, 2008

"Unemployed" College Graduate


So I'm not really unemployed. I'm currently working as a Head Guard at THPRD. A place I have worked on and off for the past six years. I'm not using my hard earned college degree but I am making more than minimum wage. The good thing is I work mornings and nights which gives me 6 hours (12PM-6PM) to look for, apply and interview for "real" post-college jobs. This morning was our first day of summer inservice (so my 6th summer inservice). And as I layed down to fall asleep I had a bit of a mental freak out.


a. I'm a college graduate and I'm still doing the same thing I was doing when I was 15

b. All my friends graduated and got "real" jobs and aren't going to be there.

c. I'm too old to be still doing this.

e. Who am I going to hang out with at work.

d. Etc.


On the plus side:

a. I get way more flexibility with work than anyone else I know.

b. Who wouldn't want to spend their final summer being a super cool lifeguard?

c. Who really needs a "real" job when the economy is so bad? I should be thankful to at least be employed and making $$$.

No comments: