Thursday, February 14, 2008

Grown Up Make Believe:

I wonder, do adults still day dream about make believe? If so, of what? If not, when did they stop? And why? I feel like I'm never going to stop day dreaming or making believing.

Since I have no Thursday or Friday classes I have a 4 day weekend all semester long, which gets even better when you have Monday off for President's Day. Yup, you got it 5 day weekend. I decided I would go visit my grandmother who lives on Cape Cod in a wonderful beach house (although it is freezing here) to get off campus and spend some quality time with her since I haven't seen her since Sept. or Oct. Since she goes to bed around 10PM, and I don't fall asleep until 2AM, I found myself being very productive, but relaxed at the same time.

I can't wait until I'm like 35, married with kiddies, and have this wonderful, awesome job, where I can take a month off from work, come to the Cape to my grandparent's house (which I now own in my dreams) spend all day playing with my hubby and babies during the day, reliving my childhood through my kids and at night after movies and ice cream sundaes, stay up and super productive and get tons of work done. Now is this my own determination or just a grown up version of a day dream?

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Dreams are what give birth to goals! Believe me, dreamers exist of all ages!

Jenna said...

Yes! You give me hope!